International China Concern (ICC) is a Christian development organisation working with China’s most vulnerable children. Our work is supported by a network of offices around the world that raise awareness and funds, recruit sponsors and volunteers who have a passion to serve in China. Join us to bring love, hope and opportunity to children with special needs.
Donor Communications Officer
We are recruiting in Australia, Hong Kong and Canada for this role and this role will be based in the relevant ICC Office.
The Donor Communications Officer exists to be a bridge between our children, the China Staff, our foreign volunteers, and National Office network, bringing together a relational and enjoyable link between our children and the people who support them.
To achieve this, the Donor Communications Officer ensures that sponsors receive regular reports on the children they sponsor, as well as a frequent flow of stories, information and items that bring them closer to ICC’s work and the people we serve.
The Donor Communications Officer works with our National Office network to ensure retention of existing sponsors and cultivation of our program in order to grow overall sponsors, therefore allowing for an increasing amount of regular, predictable income to ICC.
In addition, this role works with the National Offices to develop a Social Media plan that will nurture meaningful engagement with donors by delivering a comprehensive flow of content in a timely manner through the use of appropriate social media posts.
The Donor Communications Officer works with our China Field Staff to ensure regular reporting and availability of the children’s information, updates and stories to our National Offices, in order for them to communicate information to their local child sponsors in a timely manner.
- Co-ordination of the Child Sponsorship Program by supporting, developing and motivating all key personnel in the delivery of regular and/or ad hoc updates to our national offices on agreed timeframes.
- Work with and provide support to the National Office Sponsorship administrators in their communication with sponsors.
- Monitor the database to ensure that the children’s information, updates and photos are always current and regularly updated
- Work with key field staff to ensure child updates are being collected, translated, collated and entered into the database
- Monitor take-ups, retentions, and losses in order to understand impacts on income and relationship with donors.
- Work with International Marketing team and National Offices to ensure marketing materials are relevant, fresh, and up to date.
- Assist National Offices to proactively develop Sponsorship type promotional activities that will help to grow our sponsorship base.
- Visit the projects annually to build relationship with staff and volunteers as well as gaining a greater understanding of our children.
- Responsible for the social media presence of ICC International
- Develop and maintain overall ICC International Social Media Strategy
- Coordinate with National Offices on Facebook and Instagram posts
- Work with Marketing to maximize Google Ads and website traffic
- Liaise with ICC Communications Officer (David Bondy) on identifying stories for social media.
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational abilities.
- Previous experience with Digital Communications platforms and post creation;
- Previous experience within a like discipline where proven systems maintenance and growth initiatives were displayed;
- Ability to use an in-house database platform (training will be provided);
- Strong MS skills across Word and Excel platforms;
- Ability to operate within a email/ Zoom communication environment.
- Ability to work cross-culturally
- Chinese language ability is a plus but not required.
- Willingness to uphold and walk out the vision and values of ICC.
- A committed and strong walk with God, coupled with a demonstrated Godly character and consistent church attendance.
- The candidate would hold previous work experience in a similar co-ordination role and/or having a formal education in business administration, management or marketing.
HOURS & LOCATION
- Full-time, equivalent to 38 hours per week, with some flexibility to work from home
- Along side National Office staff in either Hong Kong, Australia or Canada, depending on where best applicant is located
For more information on this role please contact Trent Frecklington at email@example.com
Volunteer with Us
We are always looking for volunteers to help in our local offices in Australia, Canada, China, Hong Kong, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the United States of America. If you are interested in volunteering for ICC, please contact us.