International China Concern (ICC) is a Christian development organisation working with China’s most vulnerable children. Our work is supported by a network of offices around the world that raise awareness and funds, recruit sponsors and volunteers who have a passion to serve in China. Join us to bring love, hope and opportunity to children with special needs.
FULL TIME DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR wanted for a position beginning in January 2023.
International China Concern is a Christian development organization that changes lives by bringing love, hope and opportunity to China’s abandoned and disabled children. Founded in 1993, ICC exists to help the disadvantaged live life to the full. We believe every child is precious and has the right to be loved, to have hope for the future and the opportunity to realize their dreams.
The role of a Development Coordinator is to actively build the profile of ICC through our Digital Acquisition Campaign (DAC) and fundraising events. DAC is a new initiative to acquire prospective donors through an online media campaign. This will generate leads that will require a follow up plan of emails and phone calls. Additionally, this role works to encourage others to become involved, either through avenues of events, prayer, giving or hands on involvement in our China Teams and Child Sponsorship opportunities.
ICC is currently seeking an individual who works to engage new donors through an online campaign as well as through our major fundraising events. Working with the Development Team you will be provide a positive and engaging experience in stewarding donors who support ICC Canada.
Reporting to the Executive Director, your role will cover three main areas:
- Donor Acquisition (70%)
Working as part of a small Burnaby-based team, your role will include cultivating new prospective donors who come through the Digital Acquisition Campaign which all ICC National Offices are participating in. Your effective donor stewardship should result in new donors joining as regular monthly or yearly givers. The DAC will generate multiple leads that you will follow up through emails and phone calls and in person meetings.
- ICC Major Events (20%)
Plan and manage key events such as our Gala and other donor specific events.
- Moving Donors to Higher Levels of Giving (5%)
By building relationships and sharing the opportunities ICC has to expand our work, you will move donors to higher levels of engagement with ICC Canada.
- Give oversight to the DAC and ensuring that proper information about ICC is given to prospective donors interested in ICC. This includes videos, newsletters, and books.
- Able to utilize our donor relations data base to move prospects to become donors. Proficiency with online technology and communication tools.
- Ongoing donor cultivation, recognition and stewardship. This includes phone calls, some in person meetings, and mailings.
- Planning and managing major fundraising events, speaking engagements and donor appreciation events.
- Working with our marketing department to provide feedback on stories that would be of interest to prospective donors.
- Keeping relevant donor information accurate and updated on our CRM.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- Post-secondary education
- Demonstrable experience of working in sales or a fundraising role in the charitable sector
- Proven ability in both written and verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Skilled at planning and organizing large events
- Experience using a CRM system and Windows Office Suite
- Mandarin and/or Cantonese language is an asset
- We offer a competitive compensation plan.
- We offer eligible employees medical and dental coverage
- We offer an engaged and positive work culture where employees are valued
- We offer professional development, coaching and staff care
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children in China
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com
Resumes accepted until November 30, 2022.
DONOR DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Hong Kong office is currently hiring a Donor Development Manager. This person reports to the Executive Director, and is responsible for leading the fundraising strategy, maintaining relevant relationships, and organizing all fundraising events.
- 5 yrs + experience, outgoing, organised
- Excellent communication skills in English/Chinese
- 5 day, salary commensurate with experience
- Provide leadership on fundraising strategy, advise and support Executive Director in fundraising activities
- Achieve fundraising targets through different avenues, including engaging corporates, foundations, grants, church partners, school partners, HNW donors, child sponsorships, etc.
- Support ICCHK fundraising events, including annual dinner (Circle of Hope), fundraising walk/run (Walk the Wall), vision sharing meetings, etc.
- Maintain professional relationships with donors, corporate and community partners, volunteers, and other stakeholders
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on all fund development activities
- Work closely with the Sponsorship and Finance Manager
- Ensure familiarity with current trends and best practices in fund development
- This role requires occasional travel and work outside office hours
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing, or related fields preferred
Min. 5 years of relevant experience (less will be considered for other roles)
- Strong written and verbal communications in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- People person, highly self-motivated, independent
- Strong organizational skills, able to balance multiple priorities
- Proven track record of organizing events and managing business relationships and accounts
- Excellent in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and other technology
- Experience with CRM, financial and impact reporting, and writing grant proposals preferred
- Understanding of working with a faith based organization, experience with volunteering at church, charity, or NGO preferred
- Aligned with ICC’s vision, mission, and values
- Immediate availability preferred
Office: Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong
Volunteer with Us
We are always looking for volunteers to help in our local offices in Australia, Canada, China, Hong Kong, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the United States of America. If you are interested in volunteering for ICC, please contact us.