International China Concern (ICC) is a Christian development organisation working with China’s most vulnerable children. Our work is supported by a network of offices around the world that raise awareness and funds, recruit sponsors and volunteers who have a passion to serve in China. Join us to bring love, hope and opportunity to children with special needs.
Location: Burnaby, BC
We are currently looking to fill the position of Executive Director to lead our Canadian national office headquartered in Vancouver, BC with a satellite office located in Toronto, Ontario. The role of the Executive Director is to provide overall leadership to the ICC Canada office and be accountable for the overall performance of the organization. The desirable qualities that we seek in the successful candidate include the following:
• Effective networker and relationship builder – both externally and internally
• An effective communicator in front of large audiences and with individuals
• Experience working with non-profit agencies in expanding and managing donor networks
• A strategic thinker who is also able to operationalize creative solutions
• Command of the Chinese language (Mandarin and/or Cantonese) would be useful but not essential
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
LIAISING WITH ICC CANADA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
• Support the Canadian Board of Directors and Board Chair in the on-going advancement of the ICC Canada Strategic Plan specific to the Canadian locality while ensuring the organization stays true to the mission, vision and goals of ICC International.
• Work with the staff to develop and recommend to ICC Canada Board of Directors the annual action plan and associated operating budget.
• Advise ICC Canada Board of Directors regarding planning, policies, programs, finances, public relations, and other related matters.
• Implement decisions approved by ICC Canada Board of Directors.
• Provide accurate and timely reporting to assist ICC Canada Board of Directors to protect and direct the organization.
• Attend and support all Board meetings as required by the Board and facilitate Board meetings as delegated by the Board Chair.
• Act as a non-voting member of ICC Canada and any committee of ICC Canada as required.
• Strengthen the Canadian donor and volunteer network of individual donors, church partners, major donors and corporate supporters.
• Working with the Chief Development Officer of ICC International, design the overall development strategy for ICC Canada.
• Work with the local development team in developing creative campaigns to engage with the different groups of supporters.
• Engage strategically in activities that expand the financial capacity of the organization, including attending donor meetings and fund-raising events, insight trips, and publicly speaking at engagements.
• Cultivate the ICC Canada Corporate Sponsorship Program.
• Research network opportunities with like-minded agencies/organizations.
• Develop a comprehensive organizational strategy for team building, coaching, personal development, and staff care
• Hold the staff team accountable to performance-related outcomes in line with the Strategic Plan of the organization, through a process of regular feedback and annual performance evaluations.
• Oversee the recruitment, development, evaluation and discipline of all staff and volunteers.
• Ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting on all organizational initiatives.
• Network with other relevant ICC national and international representatives on like initiatives, development opportunities, and development of the Strategic Plan.
• Ensure the development and implementation of adequate operational systems, procedures and controls for the organization.
• Ensure all legal requirements of ICC Canada as a charitable organization are met.
• Act as the highest official representative of the organization.
• As the Executive Director, commit to working with the team of staff on a consensus model but in the event the team cannot come to an agreement on a significant issue, serve as the final decision-maker.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com
FULL TIME DEVELOPMENT OFFICER wanted for an immediate temporary contract (maternity leave coverage) for approximately 12-18 months with the potential to turn into a permanent position.
The role of a Development Representative is to actively build the profile of ICC either through events or relationship building. Additionally, this role works to encourage others to become involved, either through avenues of events, prayer, giving or hands on involvement in our China Teams and Child Sponsorship opportunities.
ICC is currently seeking a fundraising professional for this role entirely focused on donor development and stewardship for ICC Canada.
Reporting to the Executive Director, your role will cover four main areas:
1. Donor Cultivation
Working as part of a small Burnaby-based team, your role will include cultivating an existing portfolio of individual donors to increase donor loyalty and increase the number of partnerships we have with groups. Your effective donor stewardship should result in our partners being aware of how their support is transforming the lives of some of the most vulnerable children in China.
2. Donor Acquisition
Creatively generating ideas, strategies and managing activities for new donor acquisition.
3. Securing Grants
Managing the grant application process and onward donor stewardship including reporting and compliance activities.
4. Contributing to Successful Fundraising Events
Identifying sponsorship opportunities and securing sponsors for our fundraising events and working harmoniously with the rest of the team to ensure events are highly successful.
Seeking opportunities to increase engagement with groups and give presentations (such as schools, churches, businesses and community organizations).
Developing strategies and an action plan to attract new individual or group donors.
Ongoing donor cultivation, recognition and stewardship. This includes phone calls, in person meetings, and mailings.
Managing the grant funding application process – including identifying potential opportunities, creating letters of intent and grant applications, as well as managing the stewardship of these donors and reporting/compliance.
Representing ICC in donor engagement events including major fundraising events, speaking engagements and donor appreciation events.
Working with our international marketing department to ensure campaigns go out to the right people at the right time and measuring campaign effectiveness.
Keeping relevant donor information accurate and updated on our CRM.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
Over 3 years demonstrable experience of working in a fundraising role in the charitable sector • Proven ability to write compelling proposals
Strong interpersonal skills
Skilled at presenting to large groups
Experience using a CRM system and Windows Office Suite
Mandarin or Cantonese language is an asset
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer with Us
We are always looking for volunteers to help in our local offices in Australia, Canada, China, Hong Kong, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the United States of America. If you are interested in volunteering for ICC, please contact us.